1) Sunset over Eagle Rock, 2 ) Sunset over Pacific Ocean with George, 3 ) York Blvd. at 2:30 PM, 4 ) Sidewalk, 5) Palms – Santa Monica, 6 ) Harvest moon
Recently I rediscovered Beth Katz, a photo editor I had worked several years ago at Fit Pregnancy Magazine, when she popped up as I was searching for folks to follow on Instagram. Beth has a beautiful, refined sensibility, that is both elegant and calming.
I began following Beth, only to discover that she had begun making the most beautiful ceramics. Every time I saw her feed, I kept thinking, why hasn’t she been doing this forever, these are gorgeous?
But that’s not how things work, we do things how and when we do them. So now Beth has launched Mt Washington Pottery, and I made a visit to her home in Mount Washington, California to do a studio visit to get a closer look.
Beth’s work is almost all white, like her home, which is tucked up into a hillside, surrounded by trees. Thus, this COLOR STUDY, is devoted to her and her work. Enjoy!
1) Camaro , 2) Custom Van, 3 ) Still life with Begonia, Wandering Jew and Aonium, 4) Tea at Alice’s, 5) Sarah’s dining room, 6 ) Dorito Truck
1) Tarmac at LAX, 2 ) Natchez Crape Myrtle – on Figueroa, 3 ) Blue water color palette, 4 ) Full moon over Chelsea, 5 ) Intelligentsia Silver Lake, 6 ) Dawn on California Blvd., 6 ) Lady in Blue.
1) Onion Skins, 2 ) Sunset through the Oaks, 3 ) Elk at Alice’s, 4 ) Espresso, 5 ) Persimmon, 6 ) Saucer at Stumptown Los Angeles, 7 ) Dead Fish
1) Purple Cactus – Huntington Gardens, 2) Sunset – Los Feliz, 3) Merry Go Round – Disneyland, 4) Drying napkins – Waldorf Kindergarten, 6 ) Layne – Sweet Clems Popsicles, 7 ) ” Large Wall” – DeWain Valentine – Norton Simon, 8 ) Sink – Langer’s Ladies room
1) Vintage Camero, 2) Van, 3) Cable sattlelights Los Angeles, 4 ) parking lot, 5 ) parking lot, 6 ) American Apparel Truck, 5 ) Fire, 6 ) Stump, 7 ) Jennifer and her dream car